Vivitar is a company that has been around for quite some time, and its lenses are some of the most popular on the market.
Many photographers love Vivitar lenses because of their many features and their wide variety of focal lengths and apertures to choose from.
In this post, we’ll look at some of the best Vivitar lenses on the market and some of the pros and cons of each lens to help you decide which one is the best for your needs.
We’ll also provide a buying guide to help make things easier for you.
So, whether you’re a novice photographer or an experienced pro, read on for the best Vivitar lens reviews.
Best Vivitar Lenses
The Vivitar 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens is a good option for photographers that want to capture wide-angle shots.
This lens has a focus range of 3.5 feet and a field of view of 180 degrees.
- Maximum focal length 8mm
- Manual focus
- Lens Type: Fisheye
- F3.5 aperture
- Canon F mounting
- Not zoomable
- Aperture: Maximum: f/3.5, Minimum: f/22
- Focal Length: 8mm
- Format Size APS-C
- The angle of View: 180 degrees
- Minimum Focus Distance: 0.30m Appx(11.81″)
- Package Dimensions : Approx7.8 x 5.2 x 4.1 inches
- Weight: 1.6 pounds
The 8mm focal length is a very wide angle of view, and the f/3.5 aperture allows for a lot of light to enter the camera, making it great for low-light situations.
The manual focus allows the user to control the focus of the lens, and the fisheye effect gives the image a distorted, curved look.
The Canon F mount is a type of lens mount used by Canon cameras, and the lens is not zoomable, meaning that it cannot be zoomed in or out.
- The Vivitar 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens is a good lens for anyone that wants to capture ultra-wide angle shots.
- This lens has a focus range of 3.5 feet to infinity, which is great for capturing close-up shots or shots of faraway subjects.
- The field of view of 180 degrees is also great for capturing large groups or landscapes.
- The build quality of this lens is very good, and it comes with a carrying case and lens cap.
- This lens has a manual focus length, which gives you more control over your shots.
- The F3.5 aperture allows for great low-light performance.
- The Canon EF mount is compatible with most Canon DSLR cameras.
- Multi-layer coating to reduce glare
- It comes with a carrying case and lens cap
- It comes with a warranty
- Some users have reported that this lens produces some distortion around the edges of the frame.
- Cannot autofocus.
The Vivitar 8mm Ultra-Wide f/3.5 Fisheye Lens For Nikon is a great option for photographers that want to capture ultra-wide angle shots with their Nikon DSLR camera.
This lens has a focus range of 3.5 feet to infinity and a field of view of 180 degrees.
- Lens Type: Fisheye
- Focal Length: 8mm
- Manual Focus length
- Maximum Aperture: f/3.5
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- The angle of View: 180 degrees
- Minimum Focus Distance: (30.48 cm) Appx 12″
- Filter Size: N/A
- Product Dimensions: 2.6 inches in diameter, 3.1 inches in length
- Package dimension: 8.5 x 4.8 x 1.8 inches
- Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Camera Mount Type: Canon EF
- Maximum Format APS-C
The Vivitar 8MM Ultra-Wide F/3.5 Fisheye Lens is a great one to start with for anyone who wants to get into photography.
This lens has a manual focus length, which allows you to get the perfect focus for your shots.
The maximum aperture of f/3.5 is great for low light situations, and the minimum aperture of f/22 is perfect for getting sharp, detailed shots.
The angle of view of 180 degrees is perfect for capturing wide shots, and the minimum focus distance of 30.48 cm (12 inches) is great for getting close-up shots.
The dimensions of 2.6 inches in diameter and 3.1 inches in length make this lens the perfect size for carrying around with you.
The weight of 1.6 pounds is also very manageable, making this lens easy to carry with you wherever you go.
- It is ideal for capturing ultra-wide angle shots.
- great low-light performance
- excellent image quality
- wide field of view
- allows for close-up shots
- The lens is very compact and lightweight.
- Multi-layer coating to reduce glare.
- The Vivitar 8mm Ultra-Wide f/3.5 Fisheye Lens For Nikon does not have a filter size, so filters cannot be used with this lens.
With its strong distortion, the Vivitar 8mm f/3.5 Fisheye Lens allows for creating unique photographic effects.
With a 167degree field of view, it is one of the widest angle lenses available for Canon EOS cameras, and its aspherical element reduces spherical aberration and coma for improved clarity.
Additionally, this lens features a minimum focus distance of approximately 11.8″ for increased versatility.
- Lens Type: Fisheye
- Aspherical lens
- Ultra Wide Angle
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 0.3m (Appx 11.81 inches)
- Filter Size: n/a
- Maximum Focal length: 8mm
- Maximum aperture: f/3.5
- The angle of view: 167 degrees
- Minimum shooting distance: 12 inches / 30 cm
- Package dimension: 10.31 x 8.5 x 6.81 inches
- Weight: 2.98 pounds
The Vivitar 8MM F/3.5 Professional Ultra Wide Angle Aspherical Fisheye Lens is a great choice for anyone looking for a wide-angle lens with a high degree of distortion.
This lens is especially useful for capturing landscapes or cityscapes, as it allows you to capture a very wide field of view.
The aspherical lens design helps to reduce distortion and improve image quality, while the ultra-wide-angle design allows you to capture more of the scene in your frame.
The minimum focusing distance of 0.3m (11.81 inches) is also helpful for getting close to your subject matter.
- Aspherical lens for reduced distortion
- Fisheye lens for a wide field of view
- Ultra wide-angle for increased coverage
- Relatively slow maximum aperture
Take your photos to a new level with the Vivitar 2x teleconverter. It is designed to work with Nikon’s AF and AF-S lenses to provide high-quality images.
This teleconverter comprises six elements in 4 groups with multiple coated elements to reduce ghosting and flares.
It also has a stainless steel mounting base for durability and comes with both front and rear lens caps.
- Item Model Number: 2x4n
- Color: Black
- Material: Plastic
- Lens Type: Teleconverter
- Lens Design: Prime
- Focus Type: Auto Focus
- Product Dimensions: (3.25 x 2.75 x 3. inches)
- Weight: 7 ounces (200 grams)
- Compatible with Nikon cameras. Series D3000, D300s, D3100, D5000, D700, D7000, D90.
- Increasable Focal length: 2x
- Focus Type: Auto Focus
The ability to double its focal length can help get closer shots of far-away subjects. They can also use the autofocus feature to help them take sharper pictures.
Their light weights make them easy to carry around, and their compact size means they won’t take up a lot of space in a camera bag.
Since it is compatible with Nikon cameras, it gives photographers more options when choosing a teleconverter.
- Easy to use
- Compatible with a wide range of Nikon lenses
- High quality images
- Lightweight and compact
- Boosts zooming power
- Image quality may suffer at the edges
- May reduce autofocus performance
The Vivitar 500mm, f/8.0 Telephoto Lens with 2X Teleconverter is a great option for photographers who want to extend their camera’s focal length.
This lens has a 2x teleconverter that will double the lens’s focal length and a focus range of 500mm.
- Lens Type: Telephoto
- Compatible mounting: T Mount
- LCD screen protectors
- 2X teleconverter
- Maximum Focal length: 500mm
- Maximum aperture: f/8.0
- Compatible mountings: Sony
The Vivitar 500mm telephoto lens is a great option for those looking to get closer to their subject matter.
With a maximum focal length of 500mm, this lens is ideal for nature and wildlife photography, as well as for sports and action photography.
The 2X teleconverter is also a great addition, allowing you to double the lens’s focal length and get even closer to your subject.
- The lens is long, which is good for getting close-up shots of subjects that are far away
- It has a 2x teleconverter, which means that you can double the length of the lens, making it even more powerful
- Value for money
- The lens is not very wide, so you may have trouble getting wide shots
- The lens is relatively slow, meaning that it may have trouble getting clear shots in low-light conditions.
The Vivitar 420-800mm f/8.3 Manual Focus Telephoto Zoom Lens is a great option for photographers that want to capture long-distance shots.
This lens has a focus range of 8 feet and a 420-800mm field of view.
- Maximum Focal Length: 420-800mm
- Compatible Mounting: T Mount
- Filter: Yes
- Filter Size: 58 mm
- Product Dimensions : 10.6 x 3.4 x 3.3 inches
- Weight: 1.85 pounds
The ability to change the focal length is useful for photographers who want to be able to zoom in or out as needed.
The T mount is compatible with many different types of cameras, making it a versatile option.
The filter size is standard for many camera types, making it easy to find replacement filters if needed.
- The ability to change focal length is a great feature for photographers who want to be able to zoom in or out as needed.
- The T mount is compatible with many different types of cameras, making it a versatile option.
- The filter size is standard for many camera types, making it easy to find replacement filters if needed.
- The camera’s weight may be a bit too much for some photographers.
Factors to Consider When Buying Vivitar Lenses
There are many factors to consider when purchasing a Vivitar lens, including:
The Type of Camera You Have
The type of camera you have will dictate which Vivitar lens you can purchase.
For example, if you have a DSLR camera, you will need to buy a Vivitar lens that is compatible with that type of camera.
Similarly, if you have a point-and-shoot camera, you will need to buy a Vivitar lens that is compatible with that type of camera.
Although some lenses may work with multiple types of cameras, it is always best to check compatibility before making a purchase.
To check if a Vivitar lens is compatible with your camera, you can consult your camera’s manual or the Vivitar website.
The Types of Photos You Want to Take
The types of photos you want to take will also dictate which Vivitar lens you should purchase.
For example, if you want to take close-up photos, you will need to buy a macro lens.
If you want to take photos of distant objects, you will need to buy a telephoto lens.
Vivitar also offers lenses specifically for taking wide-angle photos and for taking portraits.
Therefore, it is important to consider the types of photos you want to take before purchasing a Vivitar lens.
Buying the wrong lens can result in subpar images, so it is important to make sure you are buying the right lens for your needs.
Your budget is another important factor to consider when purchasing a Vivitar lens.
Vivitar offers a wide range of lenses, from entry-level lenses to professional-grade lenses.
The price of a lens will depend on its quality and the features it offers. Therefore, it is important to set a budget before you start shopping for a Vivitar lens.
This will help you narrow down your options and find a lens that fits your needs and budget.
The Quality of the Lens
The quality of the lens is also an important factor to consider when purchasing a Vivitar lens. Vivitar offers both entry-level and professional-grade lenses.
Entry-level lenses are typically less expensive and offer fewer features than professional-grade lenses.
However, they can still take high-quality photos.
Professional-grade lenses are more expensive but offer better image quality and more features.
Therefore, it is important to decide what level of quality you need before purchasing a Vivitar lens.
It is also important to consider the warranty when purchasing a Vivitar lens. Vivitar offers a one-year warranty on all of its lenses.
This warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship. However, it does not cover damage caused by misuse or abuse.
Therefore, it is important to read the warranty carefully before making a purchase. This will help you understand what is and is not covered by the warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is the Best Vivitar Lens for Travel Photography?
The best Vivitar lens for travel photography is the 100mm f/2.8 Prime Lens. u003cbru003eu003cbru003eIt is a great choice for those who want to take photos of nature and landscapes.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eIt is also a great lens for macro photography.
What Is the Best Vivitar Lens for Portrait Photography?
The best Vivitar lens for portrait photography is the 85mm f/1.4 Prime Lens. u003cbru003eu003cbru003eIt is a great choice for those who want to take portrait photos and videos. It is also a great lens for low-light photography.
What Is the Best Vivitar Lens for Video?
The best Vivitar lens for video is the 50mm f/1.8 Prime Lens. It is a great choice for those who want to take better photos and videos.
Can I use a Vivitar lens on a Canon?
Yes, you can use a Vivitar lens on a Canon.u003cstrongu003e u003c/strongu003eThe lenses should be compatible, but there could be an issue with the mount. u003cbru003eu003cbru003eYou will need to check to ensure that the Vivitar lens mount is the same as the Canon mount.
Vivitar lenses are a great option for any photographer looking for a lens with good features. The best Vivitar lenses offer image stabilization, high-quality optics, and durability.
If you’re in the market for a new lens, consider one of these top Vivitar lenses.
Vivitar lenses are some of the best on the market, and with this guide, you can find the perfect one for your needs.
We’ve listed all of our favorite Vivitar lenses and a few that may not be as popular but still offer great features and value.
We hope this guide has helped you decide which Vivitar lens is best for your needs.